Worm casts

Sponsored Links
Thanks Coldshower,

Yes, this a great link.

I have 'cored' the lawn in the past, but it was such hard work, although I

have never topped dressed the lawn before.

When is the best time to do this?

Hi

bit late in the year now
people say Autumn is the best time, but i feel spring is good time too and this is when i do my lawn.

I top dress with a fairly sandy mixture this gives not only better drainage but it also helps level out the small bumps and hollows that winter has brought.(worms casts being one of them)
regards

Sponsored Links
For goodness sake, learn to live with them, not force the world to conform to your manufactured views. As for sand and drainage, we have sandy soil, loads of drainage, and loads of moss. Try liming, moss likes acid soil.

Oilman!! Keep up!!

This has now moved onto a moss problem!

Helpful hints like all the other replies are much more useful. :rolleyes:

Quite funny, your telling oilman to keep up.

He was just trying to point out that raising the ph of your soil might help to eliminate the moss.

I have to agree with most of the other guys. You do not need to do anything other than brush them casts away. As said, worms are essential for the soil structure, killing or removing the worms will certainly damage if not kill your lawn. Anyhow, most lawns look a bit shabby at this time of year. (well mine does anyway :LOL:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back