Flapping roof felt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a problem whereby on our garage where the roof felt overhangs into the gutter, when the wind picks up the felt flaps back and forth hitting against the gutter and making an absolute racket.

How should I go about fixing this - am I OK to silicone the felt to the inside of the gutter?

TIA

Sponsored Links
Depending on the age of the roof there should be a rigid plastic underlay support tray into the gutter but sticking the felt to the inside of the gutter shouldn't casue too much of an issue (though it may come unstuck again fairly quickly)

Sponsored Links
And if youwant to take a look at what a "plastic underlay suport tray" looks like, take a look at my thread "Roofing techniques question" - any one of the pictures that shows the flat roof above the bay window, there is a large, nasty black slab of plastic dumping water onto the roof, because the builder didn't put the tiles all the way to the edge of the building :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back