Ideal Mini S24 not firing/lighting up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a problem with my Ideal Mini S24 Boiler not firing/lighting up and of course I've got no hot water or heating. I've repressurized the system so it's now just under 1.5 Bar (it was on less than 0.5) and there is power going to the unit (flashing light every four seconds). But whenever I turn the main switch to on I get lots of flashing lights per second and it sounds like the boiler is trying to light but failing. I don't think it's a power issue as the unit seems to have power (the light) and we have gas as the cooker hob lights. Is this something I can fix myself or will I need a plumber/British Gas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You can certainly find out what's wrong yourself. It'll involve taking off the front panel and undoing the 4 screws underneath so you can pull the electrical controls forward. I personally remove the side panels so the control box drops down comfortably.
Next you undo the 3 screws and remove the small panel on the left hand top of the controls box (careful there's 240v ac in there). You then need to get the boiler into the fault state i.e. the green light flashing quickly. You then look inside the control box and you'll see a bank of 4 dip switches (and 2 more lights that can't be seen from outside). Flick the left hand dip switch one way then back again. This should've started the 3 lights flashing in a sequence. If you look in your manufacturers instructions it'll tell you what each sequence of lights (on, off, flashing) means. If you haven't got the MI post what's flashing on here.

The fact that you repressurised the boiler implies that you had let the pressure fall to zero.

You may need to spin the pump. However that will be identified by the fault code or you could just do it !

Tony

Sponsored Links
depends on model as new boiler has single pcb and no dipswitches. The flashing three light sequence will still tell you fault.

The single PCB on the non condensing boilers STILL have the DIPs !

Tony

174469 for he and 174500 for se look identical no dipswitches done through turning potentiometers to set up etc. You can see the three lights in fault mode as soon as it faults. No dipswitches!!!!!!!!
I have both pcbs in van. Have had problems with several engineers fitting he version to se boilers. It melts the gv solenoid!

I am a little confused by what you are telling me. Have you looked at it today?

I have the Biasi boxed version by me which is BI 885101 and that does have DIP switches!

Have you really looked at one of your spare parts?

I note that the Ideal book shows the DIP switches in the picture on page 38 and they seem to call the single PCB model an S24/28

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back