Insulating a conservatory with polycarbonate roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's a brick built conservatory with a polycarbonate roof.
In the winter it's freezing,summer it's unbearable hot.I have had complaints from neighbours about the noise (I'm a D.J and this is where my decks are).

The measurements of ceiling - 5m 50cm Length x 3m 20cm width = 17.6 m2

There is 10 internal beams which the polycarbonate roof is attached to 2 of them are plastic where the strip lighting is and the rest are timber.The spaces between each beam range from 38cm (smallest) and the other 7 are between 67cm - 76cm.

I have been told I should firstly insulate between the beams with rock wool then attach sheets of chipboard??
I was told plasterboard then plastered but I want to staple fabric to the ceiling creating a draped parachuting effect.Is chipboard better than plasterboard in order for me to do this?

Can anyone please advice me on this and if possible recommend materials/products for this job.
I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank You

Sponsored Links
It's a brick built conservatory with a polycarbonate roof.
I have had complaints from neighbours about the noise (I'm a D.J and this is where my decks are).

no kidding! i can't think of a more unsuitable, unsociable place to have the wheels of steel!

a connie is little more than a glorified shed and should be treated as such. to expect a connie to perform like a habitable room is completely unrealistic. like many other folks, i close the doors on my connie in November and don't go back in till March.

what you are trying to achieve is not really viable, as once you have tackled the ceiling then the glass walls will need addressing too. i'm not even sure whether the roof will enjoy all the weight it's gonna need in order to subdue the racket.

i'd think about upgrading the building to habitable if i were you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back