Ferroli 901 fan relay not working?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

This is my first post so I hope you can help?

For my sins we have a 901 and the fan relay keeps sticking, and after 30 seconds of a loud "BUZZING" only then will the fan start up.

Does anybody know if

A) The relay can be pulled out of the PCB or is it soldered in?
B) Can the relay be sold seperate or do you need a new PCB?
C) Can the relay be "cleaned" out?

Many Thanks

Mike

Sponsored Links
(A) It is soldered in but I'm sure someone with microelectronics (if you can find someone) experience can source and fit a relay.
(B) They won't sell a relay seperately, they make you buy the whole PCB and they've just gone up in price.
(C) You can clean the contacts on the relay You'll have to break the clips on the plastic cover to get it off but you may find that the plastic arm that moves the contact has melted because of the sparking (if it's been doing this a while) and the arm no longer switches properly anyway.

Thanks weargas, its seems from your reply this is quite common.

I will try and clean out the contacts as the buzzing noise has only been going since yesterday, if all else fails I guess a new PCB :(

Sponsored Links
The relay is a standard component and probably available from Maplins or failing that RS Components.

However, if its buzzing then that implies that its being supplied with raw DC rather than smoothed DC and there may well be another fault than the relay itself.

Your boiler is getting quite old and is overdue for replacement. This may be the time to replace it !

Tony

Thanks for all you help guys, Tried maplins and they dont supply that particular relay, Then went to my local Plumbase £150 all in for a new PCB, all fitted and working as new :D

Heat at last!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back