do i need planning permission

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning to alter my rather large garage and raise the roof slightly to include a couple of rooms. do i need planning permission or am i allowed to let the contractor just stasrt the work
i am also going to extend the garage at garage level by about 40 Sq Mtr, there will be planty of structural RSJ's included in the conversion to both tie the walls together and to add strength to the floor above

please can someone advise me

thanks

Sponsored Links
Lots of factors to be considered so no one can give you a straight yes or no answer based on the information you have provided.

Are you in a conservation area? Is the property listed? Has any work previously been carried out under your permitted development rights?

raise the roof slightly
How much exactly?

etc

It is ultimately your responsibility as the landowner to ensure all necessary permissions are obtained.

You will definitely need BRegs for your structural work.

Have you checked or googled " Permitted Development "?

This will detail what you can do before needing to apply for formal permission

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back