UPVC window doesn't seal in all corners ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everybody
Trusting you all had a good Crimbo ?

When i moved to my latest home one of the back bedroom UPVC sash windows did not seal in the bottom hinged edged corner, over the last few weeks as the night temperatures have dropped there is a reasonable draught from this bottom corner.
As the window closes it all looks good, but at the last moment the bottom corner moves away from the by about 2-3mm, it doesn't seem to be being pushed away by anything though and the frame looks no different than any of the other windows ?
Are there any adjustments that can be made ? I can't seem to see any grub screws etc to do it though ?? The windows incidentally seem to only be about 6-7 years old.

Any advise or pictures etc would be most appreciated.

Regards
John

Sponsored Links
hi
if you have a gap at the bottom of your window like that it requires the hinges replacing,all you need to do is measure the hinge,if it is a side opening it should be a 12" or 16" side hung hinge.
However if it is a hinge which opens 45 dergrees it will be a fire esccape hinge.
You probably will get one/set from your local window manufacturer.
Hope this helps.
Alan

[ad removed, mod 9]

Hi Alen

Sorry, I should have added that the hinges are the complex hinge bar type on the very bottom and top of the window and it opens to 90 degrees with the 'Easy Clean' option. Would you suggest i still look to change them (as a pair) ??

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back