Making hole in the floor..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to run some power out to my workshop, normally when I 1st fix a new build with a garage or shed thats not connected to the house, the ground workers have already put in the electric duct say from the garage to inside the house, just pops up under the CU with a pull cord in, which is very handy. Feed the SWA down the duct into shed garage etc

How do I do this on a 5 year old hose without damaging the damp course in the floor and walls? My CU is under the stairs which is a out side wall, also water stop tap is in there which comes up a 4" waste pipe. I want to put in a new pipe next to this one, well about 10" to the right of it. Is it just a case of drilling down at an angle to outside? I dug a hole outside next to the house wall hoping I would see the 4" waste pipe for the water service pipe, but no that must go under the house.

I dont really want the SWA on show outside, prefer to go underground. When ive requested pipes to be put in on other builds Ive never really paid attention to what they do when blasting a hole out fand putting a duct in, will pay more attention next time :)

All help appreciated

Gareth

Sponsored Links
bang your hole through and bring the service in.

agreed you will puncture the dpm but this is unlikely to wick up a plastic or polythene pipe/cable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back