Renew rubbed off dial numbers?

C

Coniferman

Is there any solution for replacing rubbed off numbers on a dial. I don't think most of them would take another good clean.

FWIW its an ELBA (delonghi) PXDO60 electric cooker.

I am wondering if someone supplies stick-on labels or something???

Sponsored Links
could you engrave the numbers back on and then rub a hard wax into the engraved area to highlight it.?

ah - seems partmaster can supply a replacement for the panel, for a mere £55 delivered :eek:

Any better suggestions?

could you engrave the numbers back on and then rub a hard wax into the engraved area to highlight it.?

Thanks for the suggestion but you haven't seen my hand-writing :LOL:

I have considered printing something off but I cannot imagine it looking good.

Sponsored Links
Can you print them onto transfer paper & then sick on new ones?

Have you considered "Letraset".

I expect its still available at craft shops.
You clean the area, rub down the number, overrub it with the backing paper to fix it better.

OR get some enamel paint (little airfix type pot) and paint markings on?

I have exactly the same problem on a 2 year old SS cooker facia. I think it’s a fairly common problem on modern appliances & my manufacturer, like yours, has shown a complete lack of interest or concern. I am going to try the Letraset route but I suspect it won’t last that long.

Avoid using spray cleaners; some have the capability to remove even hardwearing industrial lacquer finishes on doors & worktop surrounds.

Once Letraset has been applied, you can also get a spray on lacquer to protect it.

Now then, how can I say this without getting banned.....

If you post a picture of your knob others may know where you can get a replacement or suggest other fixes. :D :D

OOPS! I meant the dial from your cooker, lol.

If you post a picture of your knob others may know where you can get a replacement or suggest other fixes. :D :D

If you are desperate to see my knob, refer back to the 5th post in this thread - there is a link. I'm afraid it's quite small - well the numbers are. :LOL:

The numbers are on a piece of SS facia behind the knobs.

Can you print them onto transfer paper & then sick on new ones?

I don't see how going to all the effort of printing new numbers, and then being sick on his knob is going to help very much.

Just stick some insulating tape bits on with numbers written in permanent pen lol

Anyway, it's a cooker, the numbers won't matter, its a womans thing & they ignore numbers anyway, they just turn it up to the same place & calculate different times depending. :LOL:

Oh, yeah, my wife just turns the dial all the way around, I think it has something to do with her job at the crematorium.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back