Best gravel for driveways..?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello I wondered if anyone might be able to help me – I am currently turning my front garden into a driveway and am trying to decide on what type of gravel to get for it. Does anyone know what kind of gravel is normally used for driveways? Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks.

Sponsored Links
20mm Angular golden flint is what i used on mine, works well, it does tend to stick to the tyres a bit when it's wet, but they fall off straight away, i sometimes have to kick a few stones back on, but nothing major

do not go below 20mm, it gets stuck in the tyres and can be hazardous as it tends to get flicked up. ANy gravel you like the look of which is a hard stone is good. ALso depends on which part of the country you are in. Down this way beach shingle is popular as it is so cheap.

Use a gravel that is local to your part of the country it will look a lot better. Round here that means black and white tumbled flint.

Sponsored Links
and cheaper as it isnt transported half way across the country

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back