Protecting brick paved driveways

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

My Dad had his driveway paved last year and thankfully it was a great job and improved the look of the front garden.

One thing that has crossed my mind is how do you keep the brickwork clean? I have seen driveways cleaners for sale such as Gunk but that is for use after the event and there is a chance it may not clean 100% of any mark off.

Is there anything that can be used to protect the brickwork from staining from such things as oil spills etc?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
I have written before on advice for block paving protection.
The best I have come across is a product called 'Resibloc 22'. It is expensive and is an industrial sealer used at Airports and Town centres.
I had comments saying that it was far too expensive for residential use, but it depends on what you wnat and what you want to pay.
My advice has been that using Paving sealer is essential to do as soon as the drive is laid and befare any nasty weed seeds can get a grip, and also to treat the foundation with a strong weed killer before the blocks are laid so as to avoid the possibility of weeds getting a hold.
Your Dad's drive is approaching a year old so you may have a weed rooted problem already.
Without doubt the best Block Sealer is 'Resibloc 22', but as I said it is very expensive.

Thanks very much Hysteresis. I have googled Resibloc and found that it is about £32 for 5 litres, each litre covering 1.8 to 2.6 sq m. Doesn't sound that expensive.

Thanks again. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back