Concrete Form tubes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know where I can get these in the UK?
Most Google searches bring up US sites/companies.

I'm going to be using them to make footings for a ground-level deck (i.e. attach the beams directly to the concrete, rather than posts.

thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
What size and shape do you intend to make? If cylindrical you might use plastic pipe eg soil pipe or down pipe. If square could you not make your own from say, ply?

was looking at cylindrical.

Not entirely sure on diameter yet - do you have a recommendation (and also hole depth) for a ground level deck using 6x2 joists?

The size of your supports depends on the ground conditions. Surface area in contact with the ground is key on softter ground (spreads the load) whereas in flinty, stoney soil needs a bit less support. Look at the many posts about decking. The easiest method for a DIYer is to sink concrete blocks (breeze blocks) into the soil, and have the frame sit on those.

Sponsored Links
Breeze blocks - really?

Are there certain types or dimensions that would be more suited? They wouldn't be embedded as deeply as poured footings, surely?

Presumably the same prep approach would work - i.e. compacted gravel at the bottom of hole?

No, depth has little relevance to most of the supports. You WILL need support somewhere which stops lateral movement of the frame - eg fixed to an existing wall; failing that, yes use posts sunk well in to concrete.

The rest of your supports are really just there to support the wght of the structure, so no need for depth particularly.

All this applies to standard low level decks.

Truly, search other decking posts in this forum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back