euro lock on french doors snapped-still cant open door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

i have snapped and removed the euro lock from my french doors (upvc) and removed the barrell completely. Problem is that the handle still does not turn as if its still locked. It is the type which has bolts going the length of the door which are locked into place when the handle is pushed up.

I thought I might have to unhook or slide the mechanism but cant get a screwdriver in the hole at the right angle but I have no ide what I am aiming for anyway.

can someone advise

Sponsored Links
have you still got the lock?

you need the black bit from the middle, push it onto a screwdriver insert it into the hole where the lock was and rotate it as you would with a key, you will hear a click...the door should be un locked.

Sponsored Links
Alternativley if the screw that would normally hold the lock in place can be pushed out of the way enough put the new lock in and unlock it that way

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back