how do I create my own drip edge on old coping stones?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I've got a parapet wall with big old coping stones without a drip edge. Can anyone suggest how I could create a drip edge on them?

I was thinking of getting something like a strip of rubber seal from a PVC door and sticking it on with 'sticks like sh*t'. Is that a crazy idea?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
You could use a small grinder and cut a shallow groove into the underside about 5mm deep. This will make the water drip when it gets to it as it cannot jump the gap.

I think it's Bath Stone. Do you think the grinder could be a but harsh on it? I'd have to be careful not to snap bits off wouldn't I?

As backup, what do you think of my 'sticking a drip edge on' technique? Can you see anything detrimental in it - apart from how it looks?

Sponsored Links
Do you know of any product which would be more suitable, rather than door sealing strips? I doubt there are any products out there for my specific purpose. Maybe I should try to find some really thin strips of PVC rather than rubber?

I know it's a very specific question - but if anyone has has tips, that would be great.

Cheers

if the copers are letting in damp the best way to cure the problem is to remove the copers re-bed them and install a lead soaker between each one

contact details removed, moderator 9

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back