Double glazing guarantee advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a few windows and a conservatory fitted off a local company, 2 of the windows have problems with the hinges, we can open and shut the windows but there is a gap leaving us with a draft.

The company have been out and said we need new hinges but this isn't covered by our 10 year guarantee. I also mentioned there is moss inbetween the 2 panes of glass, they say its because the windows aren't cleaned regularly (they are cleaned once a week).

In additional to this our conservatory has dropped half an inch on one side....they've put this down to a combination of the weather and the fact that there can be 'some' movement.

I think they are washing their hands of the problems. Does anbody know where I stand?

Vinny

Sponsored Links
The windows were fitted just under 9 years ago, the conservatory was done 7 years ago.

The conservatory....its the base thats dropped.

Thanks
Vinny

Sponsored Links
my personal opinion

12mm normal settlement/ wear and tear worn hinges normal wear and tear
glazing was that 5 or 9 years with moss is it sealed glass units !!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back