Garden woes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Moved into our new house last year and garden is full of stones, conker shells, weeds etc.....just planning new decking (26m2) and began to think about what would be needed to topsoil and turf the rest.

I'll be looking @ 450m2!!!!

Did a bit of pricing up of topsoil at @ 100mm depth and it comes to a hell of a lot of money!!!! Never mind the turf

Looks like I'll be enjoying decking for years to come...whilst picking thousands of stones.....absolutely gutted :cry:

Sponsored Links
Maybe not as bad as you think. Professional firm with a heavy duty rotovator, rake flat and take the worst of the stones and weeds off. Leave it for a bit, weedkiller and more raking then turf. Unless you have _seriously_ poor ground turf should do OK - it's surprisingly tolerant unless you want a specimen lawn or some such.

Actually with an area like that I'd use seed. Same procedure, just a bit longer to wait but in a year it'll be fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back