Internal doors ££££££

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to have my new internal doors hung by a carpenter who will make a proper job of them, so i am wondering what would be a reasonable cost to pay for each door.
I have the doors (oak panel) the hardware and stops, some are going into new casings and some existing. Thanks as always for your answers. Keith

Sponsored Links
well as i said in the post i have all the materials and some are into new casings so may only need a trim of top or bottom and some into existing casings so may need a bit more trimming and all will need hinges and handles etc fitted, all i really would like to know is what any of the carpenters on here would charge approx so that if i get quoated say £100 a door then i have something to compare against to know what an average fair price would be.

Allow 2 hours per door, for hanging so say £25 -£35 per hour?

Or perhaps 4 doors per day and agree a day rate - £100-£140

This will be for standard two hinges and a latch and handle set

New or existing linings don't matter unless a new lining has to be fitted, in which case allow another 2 hours for removing existing, fitting new with architraves. Plaster making good would be extra.

Whether the door just slots in or needs a lot of work does not matter - swings and roundabouts

Sponsored Links
thank you for the reply woody, thats just the sort of info i was looking for.............now off to find myself a carpenter

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back