Are Aldi Powercraft any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a garden project to do and I am considering an Aldi Powercraft cement mixer and breaker. Aldi generally have a good reputation, but has any one any experience of their electical tools? I presume with a 12 month guarantee any fault will be fixed within warranty.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Sponsored Links
bought one of there powercraft angle grinders,with 3 year garantee can only say it lasted one job,took it back and got my money back now own a bosch and hitachi.so if you want it for one job then give it a go or may be hire something descent from hire shop

Sponsored Links
I have a garden project to do and I am considering an Aldi Powercraft cement mixer and breaker. Aldi generally have a good reputation, but has any one any experience of their electical tools? I presume with a 12 month guarantee any fault will be fixed within warranty.

Any thoughts appreciated.

you have nothing to loose you start the job get some of it done and it breaks you take it back for another or a refund

you can then decide wether to finnish by hand or with a hire mixer

if it last the pace flog it on e bay ;)

I have a random orbit sander from Aldi which gets abused and is still going after a few years. It also has a better [wider] orbit than many other 'brand' names and so gets things smooth quicker. A mate has the sabre saw which is used often and has lasted over two years so far.

Several of the Powercraft tools I have looked at are made in Europe, but IIRC the mixer and breaker are the same Chinese made units, seen in other discount outlets.

By all accounts, there are no problmes with exchanges under the Aldi warranty

About as good as their food products.
:rolleyes:

If buying for a one off job, go for it and just take them/it back at the end.

Nothing to lose.

Used to believe "Buy cheap, buy twice." Bought PowerCraft cordless drill 5 years ago. Used it lots (DIY only). Love it.

Bought top of the range Atco garden shredder - conked out after 1 use.

Aldi after-sales generally excellent. Returned Traveller camera (3 yr guarantee, had it 2 years) to Germany last Monday, new one received Saturday morning. TV went on the blink - new one delivered next day.

Eaten their food for 8 years, no complaints - except horrible soup.

Had forgotten, also bought Aldi corded hammer drill - excellent for DIY use, very well balanced and pleasant to use.

Aldi meat is far better than Asda or Morrissons anyhow.

i use serviceable quality tools for day to day usage, can't afford not to.

i have a circular saw from b&q that is used every six weeks or so and is perfect for the task. when it eventually breaks (currently 6yrs old) it will get thrown away.

Bosch blue (pro') sds drills are indestructible. i can not say how the latest ones perform because mine is so old! i will not buy any another brand of sds drill in this category.

it is horses for courses.

i did buy a £15 jigsaw once, that we use for plasterboard knock-outs and it only lasted 12 months! i now use Bosch green for that particular job.

I bought cordless powertool set about 12 mths ago, used it maybe half a dozen times, went to use it the other day and the battery charger unit has packed in therefore rendering the lot useless, suppose you get what you pay for.

About as good as their food products.
:rolleyes:

I'm not aware of major food poisoning outbreaks or constant environmental health investigations into their products.

Is this claim based on fact or snobbery? :confused:

Snobbery, dear boy. The butler went to Aldi by mistake, the shame the shame :LOL:

No, I bought some ready meals from Aldi and they were not nice. I am sure that their jams are excellent and the cornflakes will be of good quality but some of their stuff looks a little edgy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back