scratched glass

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
is there anythink on the market these days to buy that i can use to remove some light scratches on 2 car windows ?
some moron thought would make a nice feature on my car :mad:
ive seen posting on here back in 05 which said no , live with it.
regards. r.r.

Sponsored Links
If they are light scratches, you may be able to polish them out with jeweller's rouge.

Agreed, Jeweller's Rouge will work a treat if they're not too deep (or even if they are, but it takes ages!). You'll need to buy a mandrel and soft pad for your drill to use it.

thanks for replies, will give it a try, but as name implies is it a jewellers i get it from :?: . regards. r.r.

Sponsored Links
Haha, it does sound a bit dodgy, doesn't it. It's just a white powder that you mix into a paste with some water (soapy is better), and then work into the scratch.

I've worked in window/door/glass factories for years, so have never had to buy the stuff, so don't where stocks it. If I was you, I'd just nip into any glass shop/retailer/factory, and just offer them a quid or two for a small bag. You'll only need about 1/2 tbsp for a single scratch though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back