Metal Shed Waterproofing

C

cabot

Ok so not everyone likes them but i've bought and erected 3.0 m x 2.2 m metal shed its been bolted down on to wooden platform which i built and this additionally sits on a concrete base.I want to ensure a watertight joint which ain't very easy in this weather as it has had 18 inches of snow against drifted up against it.what i want to know is would an ordinary silicon be suitable for sealing in between the timber floor and side panels or would any one recommend using a roofing product like cold liquid tar.Anyone buying one by the way i recommend discarding some of the lousy fixing screws and beefing them up with nuts/bolts and make sure the shed is WELL bolted /screwed down or the big bad wolf will huff and puff !

Sponsored Links
I'd loosen the fixings to the base, lift it up and squirt some silicone underneath, drop it back down and tighten the bolts back up

use either stixall or sticks like ****. brilliant stuff. these both work in damp conditions.

silicone will not.

adevstixall.jpg
getimage.aspx

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back