fitting stone resin shower tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just about to fit a stone resin shower tray onto wooden t &g floorboards
Can i place this tray direct onto floorboards held with mastic, or should i make a wooden frame & base for it to sit on?
i hear tilng should be done afterwards for a more waterproof fixture

any help appreciated before i plough ahead
ta

Sponsored Links
what are you doing on the rest of the floor ? tiling etc.
have you made an access in the floor to join the pipe to the trap ?
what do the mi's say ? follow what they recommend or your warranty won't be worth the paper its on.

is it the 4" t&g flooring thats down or larger floorboards ?

Sponsored Links
yes i just want to lie it flat on normal floorboards
i want to fit waterproof laminate boards for the rest of the floor in bathroom
what should i use on base ? some sort of mastic?

i can run the laminate boards under the shower if need be
will it be better to lay shower on the laminate boarding ?
same principle applies though how do i fix it down
thanks

Mortar - sand and cement. Reasonably wet mix straight onto floorboards. Tap gently around edges (pref with rubber mallet) to ensure level and bedded in. Leave overnight

Laminate after - will cover the mortar showing at bottom rim of tray.

Correct - it needs to be able to support the weight while you level it and it goes off. If you like, you could use floor tile adhesive, but I keep to wet, soft buttery consistency mortar - 3, 4 or 5 parts builders sand to 1 part cement (with a bit of washing-up liquid or plasticiser squirted into the water first).

Remember to get the rim level, not the base of the shower - it will have a run-off slope incorporated into its design.

Finally, if you can, squirt a load of cheap sanitary sealant between the sides and the wall to help create a full seal.

Will look out for you now on the tiling forum... :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back