Question raised by buyers of late parents home

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Trying to sell my late parents home they have a small conservatory dwarf wall/double glazed/polycarbonate roof porch added, but removed the old existing external door.

The work was carried out in April 2002, they did not get building regs.

The possible buyers have queried this, my response to put back the door would spoil the hall way. And because the work was carried out in 2002 its to late for building regs to be concerned.Is that correct? Understand I would not get building regs anyway. Happy to reduce the sale price to reflect the cost of adding a door.

Thank you for reading and replying. Apologies to joining the forum with a problem.

Sponsored Links
just re-instate the external door.

building reg's do not and can not apply, as satisfying part L is nigh on impossible.

just re-instate the external door.

building reg's do not and can not apply, as satisfying part L is nigh on impossible.

Thanks for your reply.

That would make the hallway to dark no windows. Plus there is a radiator installed in the porch, connected to the central heating system.

Just spoke to the solicitors,
Hopefully this could be the way forward.
We need to do is get indemnity policy £37 to cover any enforcement from building regs.

That would make the hallway to dark no windows. Plus there is a radiator installed in the porch, connected to the central heating system.

Just spoke to the solicitors,
Hopefully this could be the way forward.
We need to do is get indemnity policy £37 to cover any enforcement from building regs.

your 'porch' seems to exist in no-mans-land. it is neither a porch (in the true sense) nor fit to be classed as an extension, but by default, it is!

unless the door is re-instated then messing about with b.c. will only invite trouble. the building can only be fit as a porch as far as b.c. are concerned.

Sponsored Links
We need to do is get indemnity policy £37 to cover any enforcement from building regs.[/quote]
Sounds good to me ;) And much cheaper than a new door.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back