Slamming sliding fire door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The flats I live in have two units per floor. Each floor is entered by opening a large sliding fire door. This door is timber framed with fire safety glass in the middle. The problem is that the door slams into the frame when it is released because it is on some sort of weighted chain closure system. The slamming reverberates through my flat and I'd like to minimise the disruption.

I'm looking for a buffer or some device that can be easily fitted to the frame to stop the slamming. I've had a look around on the forum and on the internet and I've drawn a blank. Even some of those little rubber buffers would help - but I can't seem to find any track of them online - probably because I don't really know what they are called or what I am looking for. Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back