cheap ugly shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello al i am planning on building a shed in the corner of my garden 6ft by 18 ft !
i am going to make the front look pretty but i was wondering what i could get away with on the other 3 sides ! the front is 18 ft long
i am considing chipboard flooring paint with external paint
also wpb ply but that exspesive these days
i want it to last a long time though and i am using good thick posts for the main supports !
also considered water repplent on the chipboard ?
any thoughts would help me
thanks roace

Sponsored Links
chipboard of any kind is a no no no for external use

if you mean a long time as more than 5 years dont cut corners or it wont last

use pressure treated for exposed timbers

your shed is likly to be around £700 up to basic felted roof

foundations £150 rest around £550

Find a site where they are knocking down an industrial building and beg borrow or buy some 2nd hand industrial cladding sheets, fit to sides and back plus roof and paint green if its not already that colour.

Sponsored Links
shuttering Ply is cheap and weather resistant.

You could put felt on the outside to protect from rain too

Most important to raise the woodwork above ground level to prevent it from contact with the damp ground and also splashes from falling rain.

a dwarf brick wall of a few courses is a good way to do it. Do not allow water to get onto the top of the bricks where the wood will start. e.g. have the wood cladding overlapping the bricks..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back