Henderson Hardware Door Closer Adjustment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Henderson Hardware 600 series door closer, and need to increase the latching speed. There are two adjustment screws, one for the closing speed, and the other for the latching speed. Unfortunately, neither is marked, so I don't know which is which. I have it configured as Clockwise Push Open.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
if your unsure which is which then screw one of the adjusters in by increments of 1/2 turn at a time (clockwise) and see what happens.it will either slow down the main speed or the latching speed thus telling u which is which
dont use trial and error by undoing the adjuster as on some closers if you go too far the oil can leak out the adjuster screw

dont use trial and error by undoing the adjuster as on some closers if you go too far the oil can leak out the adjuster screw

Yup, I found that out already :D

I will try what you suggested. Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Whoops! If oil has already leaked out, then it may be curtains for this particular door closer :( .

It's a sealed system, and cannot be re-filled. The adjustment screws can be easily over-tightened or over-loosened, the worst thing is using a power screwdriver on them - like has been said they only need a gentle quarter or half turn at a time.

Don't know what make it is, but I found this video on Geze's which might help: http://www.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back