Bullnose edging patio/driveway sizes?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking at getting some bullnose edging for a section of my patio which I wish to partition off.

This is the type i would like;
http://www.kebur.co.uk/products/edging/BullnoseEdging.shtml

Now the length and depth are fine , the problem is the width is too much at 150mm as it is going directly onto existing patio and I dont want the partitioned area too high :confused:

Can these be bought with a smaller width keeping the other dimensions as standard?

or will a better option be to maybe get a mould and half fill it with concrete and create my own edging?

Steve

Sponsored Links
Can you not just cut the width to suit with a Stihl Saw. If you have never used one then it may be as easy to find a local builder on a job and ask him to nip it down for you. The price of a sandwich is all it should cost you.

Can you not just cut the width to suit with a Stihl Saw. If you have never used one then it may be as easy to find a local builder on a job and ask him to nip it down for you. The price of a sandwich is all it should cost you.

I thought about that yeah, dont know any local builders near me, i'm wondering if I buy them from my local merchants mayeb they will cut them down for me

Your average Merchants won't have the facilities for cutting slabs . Any road workers, roofers, brickies etc would possibly have a saw so I can only suggest having a drive round your patch and find one.

Sponsored Links
I'll ask about around my area

I thought they would have manufactured some of a smaller size though

It is typical of these things. I needed some at 7" recently for some steps I built in the garden as risers and the nearest they had were 6" & 8" so bought the 8" and had to get the saw out.

You could try scribing it (sctatching a line into it where it needs cutting) and tapping the unwanted end with a hammer. It should break off along the scribe line.

Make sure you support it fully upto the scribe line and leave the unwanted section overhanging, so it will fall away when tapped.

Sorted :LOL:

Brother in-law is the proud owner of a Stihl saw, using it at the weekend

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back