fixing insulated plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am just about to start fixing 50mm thick kingspan insulated plasterboard to my gable end wall. I have spoken to Kingspan and they have recomended an adhesive.
However I do have one question the internal walls are all painted if I prepare them with PVA I have read that you should score the wall first with a stanley knife to give the adhesive something to grip too. Should I score the wall first then PVA or PVA then score

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You will need the multi purpose adhesive as normal dry wall wont work.I'd recommend the one by british gypsum

As for pva,i would recommend just one coat,when i have been reskimming before, too much pva doesnt let the plaster stick,im thinking the same will happen with the dry wall adhesive.

Are you using fixings in the top of the boards?In the even of fire it will prevent the board falling off the wall,3 across the top of each board will suffice, you can get them from your local builders merchants.

Hope this helps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back