pitched roof over porch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have bought this ex council house which is structurally very good but looks "council housey".
I would like to remove the flat roof from above the existing coal house/porch and replace it with a tiled lean to pitched roof.
Could anyone please post a drawing on how the woodwork should be constructed ( staged drawings would be better).
The steel post that is currently supporting the roof structure could be replaced with a brick wall with a small return to form a new doorway. Alternatively the roof could be supported with a brick pillar. Any suggestions gratefully accepted.
I've used this forum before and always had helpfull......so, thanks in advance.

Eric :)

Sponsored Links
Brick pillar or gallows bracket seems the way to go.

It depends what you want to achieve.

I would resist the temptation to fully enclose the porch as a storm shelter is very useful whilst looking for house keys.

Sponsored Links
:confused: why would you want to go to the trouble of loading google earth just to see the location of our house?

He's a guerilla DIYer - goes around the country installing porchs/conservatories/extensions etc when people are out.

The only probelm is he does not apply for planning or b/regs approval, so you can get into trouble :rolleyes:

As ususal though......thanks for the replies. I think I read correctly between the lines re the last post (thanks woody). Had the surveryor in last week doing a calc report for buildings ;)

i like to freak people out sometimes.... :)

did I get it right? wow.. lucky guess..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back