Brickwork expansion joints

Sponsored Links
I could understand 6M if it was concrete block face work, as 6-9 is recommended, but not clay brickwork.

Spoke with BCO today with info provided from here, and he now states non required for the facing brickwork, but i still need to insert for internal blockwork.

Should hopefully be straightforward by cutting out a stip from the plasterboard/blockwork.

Tips would help.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
That is an even worse decision :eek:

None of the standards require an internal movement joint. The idea is that there may be movement in long external walls due to seasonal and other temperature and moisture changes.

But an internal skin does not experience any of this.

It seems like the BCO is confusing movement joints with the ones which he is smoking
deadat30.gif

ive got some tech blurb from my local inspector about 6m intervals,but people are right,ive never sen them in long run houses,though i have installed them
id ask him how you are supposed to tie the two walls together after chasing it in
he shoul have said this whn it was bing built
sounds like an arse to me
ask for a different inspector to come and have a look,they dont always agree with each other

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back