Re-flashing price

Why do people assume membership of the FMB makes a good roofer?its not even a ROOFING organisation, Federation of master BUILDERS
NFRC national federation of roofing contractors.
Its a lot harder to become a member you actually have to prove you are a capable ROOFER.
Any Fred with a ladder on his van can call himself a roofer and join the FMB.
I have been a Roofer for 35 years it really annoys me when builders advertise roofing works most havent got a clue.
Do yourself a favour get a roofer who only does roofing uses scaffold has roofers insurance and can show you previous roofing work

Sponsored Links
sorry dave your statement doesn't stand up!
i served my time as a slater more than 30yrs ago, with many years working for the national trust, ancient buildings and monuments, the usual site work, foreman roofer for many years, local authority contracts....i could go on....went on to do refurb works, damp proofing, renovations, etc etc.

back to college hnc construction management, hnd construction management , we now do renovations, loft convertions, extensions, garages, all very succesfuly i may add.
my firm is advertised as a construction firm with roofing and roughcasting also added to the business set up.
does this make me an incompetent roofer?...........dont think so!.

Hi Dave,
I know that the FMB isn't a roofer's organisation but all that this company do are tiling and slating. I've had a look at some of the work they've done and I think they'll do more than a good job looking at their previous work. Whilst they may be FMB registered, all they do is roofing and the man who's doing mine has 25 years of experience - I asked.

Alistair, thatks again for the advice and I'll keep an eye out! Take care.

The point I was trying to make is anybody can be a member of the FMB
They do absolutely no checks I know as I was a member you get nothing apart from a sticker which dont mean you are any good at what you do.

Sponsored Links
They do absolutely no checks I know as I was a member you get nothing apart from a sticker which dont mean you are any good at what you do.

Agreed :) the guild of master craftsmen take the biccy as far as toothless trade bodies are concerned :rolleyes:

AGREED.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back