rat issue

the one i suggested comes from B & Q
Best bait i have found is a small slice of mars bar, as it sticks to the trap, and birds / cats dont eat mars bar (not round here they dont)

want to see the pictures? Click here for Real dead vermin pictures

Sponsored Links
The trap won't kill anything, you'll have to do that yourself. You must check your trap(s) regularly to make sure nothing is left in there suffering and to release anything you caught accidentaly.

The trap won't kill anything,

what a waste that is.

"The T REX rat trap is a perfect combination of trigger sensitivity and trap velocity -- speed and responsiveness ensure capture." (taken from a t rex website)

note the word "capture" which is what Stivino is saying, YOU have to kill the rat.

And you have to order them on line.

B & Q does have its uses after all

right, traps have been deployed in the area where i've seen the rats.
Unfortunately B&Q only had the t rex type in stock. They look nasty and the pack says it will kill the rat. I've put peanut butter on the trap.
btw B&Q staff wanted to sell me a new trap that is supposed to shock the rat :rolleyes: they guy said this is the best and i should buy it...no mention of how it can cope in the rain..... :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
After two weeks of trying i had nearly lost hope.
I bought three trex traps from B & Q and loaded them with peanut butter. Nothing happening. The nasty not so little bugger kept digging holes round the traps.
So yesterday i thought i'd give it one last try with different bait, a mixture of mars bar and whole wheat cereal, here is the result:

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj111/rickb_2008/100_9686.jpg

I've now covered the holes so i am hoping they will not be disturbed tonight meaning that i only had one rat in the garden.....we shall see :rolleyes:

I actually felt sorry for the rat when i saw it like that but then i thought of my mate who had to CUs destroyed by the likes of it.....

Has anyone actually eaten rats? There's an increasing trend to eat squirrels which is a related species.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back