Decking with Scaffolding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Heres a bit of a question
One of the next bits in my never-ending garden re-design is to do some decking action at the house end. I can do this quite easily but I am kind of in the process of getting a loft extension built but as i am doing this on and off throughout the year (a week here and a week there) i am going to need to put scaffolding up and down etc.

Has anyone ever put scaffolding on decking? There simple as that. i dont really want to wait till the loft is completed as this could theoretically be years and i really could do with getting the decking done this year.

Obviously i will be putting timber or something down where the scaffolding will be touching the decking to protect it or thinking about it i may even remove some of the deck boards.

Just wondering if it is possible to put scaffolding on decking.

Ta
Lee

Sponsored Links
i would personaly lay the decking and remove boards where the feet need to go
loading your decking up with half a ton of scaffolding men and materials may cause sinking!!!

Its not the big (strapped to the house) scaffolding, its just a tower to get me to roof level but point taken about removing the boards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back