Soil Stack Filling Hole

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right Thank for the information on filling the exterior of my soil stack.

I now have to fill in the inside.

I moved my soil stack from inside to outside which involved removing the big clay rest bend that went from inside to out.

I'm now left with a hole under my kitchen floorboards which I would like to fill in.

Where the rest bend was it is all earth so I have a small area under my kitchen floor that looks like my garden.

What can I fill this in with and is the earth OK?
View media item 9264 View media item 9588 View media item 9589

Sponsored Links
it looks as though you have a suspended timber floor - there should be a void under all of the floor so leave hole as it is and just replace the floorboards

if you fill it you will risk the flooring timbers rotting if they are in contact with the subfloor

I'm not sure I get you.

I only want to fill the hole where you can see the earth as this hole may let in insects.

There will still be a void of at least 400mm between the bottom of the hole and the timber floor.

i'm just unsure what to fill it with.

Bricks (or bits of brick) and/or mortar.
Don't worry about the insects, it's the vermin you need to watch out for!

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure I get you.

I only want to fill the hole where you can see the earth as this hole may let in insects.

There will still be a void of at least 400mm between the bottom of the hole and the timber floor.

i'm just unsure what to fill it with.

Ah - I see what you mean :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back