Plant for the bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I know that this isn't in the garden as such, but can anyone suggest a nice small plant to go in my bathroom. It'll sit on the window ledge and get the morning sun between sunrise and about 11am. I had a bromeliad but I think that got a bit damp as it went all mushy and died. I've heard ivy's meant to be pretty good but I'd like something small.

Thanks in advance,

David

Sponsored Links
my opinion, dont bother.

we have had a variety of plants in the bathroom (well they all grew in pots) apart from either over or underwatering them, the thing i noticed was dust / talcum powder on the plants, it cant do them anygood, and I found it want easy trying to wash a plant (unless you want to remove the soil too)

But you may have better luck than we did

Sponsored Links
I would also suggest an African Violet but they can be temperamental. Bathrooms can be difficult for plants,all the textbooks will tell you to choose a plant that thrives in humid conditions but in reality if you have a centrally heated house and there's a heated towel rail or radiator in the bathroom then for 99% of the time it will be desert dry. This in turn encourages over watering which kills the plant. I have a good quality 'silk' trailing ivy in my bathroom and would defy anyone to know it's artificial without touching.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back