Relocating kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I just wanted to get some intitial ideas about swapping the existing kitchen into the bedroom next door, which is bigger. It's a first floor flat conversion.

The boiler, gas and sink etc are obviously a consideration. The bedroom has an outside wall facing the garden. I've seen a flat up the road that has done this, but am looking for general info around possiblecost, permissions etc. I've googled and googled in the first instance but can't find what I'm looking for.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Marth.

Sponsored Links
Provided there are no structural or external drainage alterations then b'regs will not be interested in the building work.

However, new electrical circuits, radiators (trv's), extractor fans, low energy lighting and smoke alarms may warrant a visit from b.c.

Thanks for that. I suppose it may need new sockets etc, and the plumbing will have to be rerouted and the gas supply, and water pipes.

Can't ask the neighbours up the road about cost etc as they didn't do the work. I suppose the best thing would be to get some people around to look at cost and permissions.

Marth.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back