Driving rain against wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

We have a single skin block shed that the wife wants made into an summerhouse (hot tub in it ) she wants it cladded on the inside

The problem is that when the rain drives againt the wall the rain comes through to leave puddles on the floor

Is there anyway i can stop this happening

The main wall that it comes through i cant get to the outside to render it as there is a huge drop there about 30ft :cry:

Sponsored Links
the wall you are having the trouble with will need rendered somehow!
you need to get a protective coating on it to stop the water seepage!
this has to be done from outside, can you get a scaffold up ? or at the very least a ladder.

Use Thompsons water seal or similar. It will need a few good coats, and you may need to recoat every 5 or so years, but it does the job

But if you can't get to the external face, then dry line the wall before cladding

Sponsored Links
Sorry Woody and Libby Lou Lou i didnt mean it in a nasty way :cry:

I just wanted a few more ideas

the wall you are having the trouble with will need rendered somehow!
you need to get a protective coating on it to stop the water seepage!
this has to be done from outside, can you get a scaffold up ? or at the very least a ladder.

get a contractor to do your rendering properly!

At its basic level, work on two possibilities - either stop the water entering the outside face, or if access is a problem , then accept that water will enter the outer wall, and so form a barrier to stop it getting to the inner face of the room.

As the former option seems difficult, then you are left with some sort of barrier.

So consider polythene or some other physical membrane, or a suitable liquid such as Marley Superprufe or something from RIW - do some googling

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back