Loft - A few questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so i want to turn my loft into a room that i can use just to give us a bit more space in the house.

Im not sure on a few things tho so maybe someone could help me out.

I no that in our loft its real hot in summer and real cold in winter. So how would i go about stopping this ? If i put insolation and plaster board up would this keep out in summer or just keep the heat in in winter ?

Was also thinking about a window to the rear or side of the house either in the wall to the side or in the roof to the rear ? Would i neeed planning permision for this ?

Sponsored Links
Yes, insulating between the rafters will improve the heat loss/heat penetration situation during periods of hot and cold weather.

But, there are a lot of other issues to consider. Is it your intention to fully convert the loft space?

Much has been written on the forum lately regarding this very subject, a search will probably answer all of your questions.

Ain't it just. Contact this guy for a reasoned, sensible and thoroughly reasonable approach to your project ;)

Shy, the prospect of becoming 50 does not automatically give you the right to be grumpy.

Then again, when you think that you will be half a century old, i guess it does!

Grouch away Victor! :p

Sponsored Links
Tis a very sensitive subject that he got involved in, Problem is I can understand both sides of the argument , hence why I did nt get involved ;)

Yeh, I can't believe that it's Wednesday already, where has the week gone?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back