Injecting cavity wall insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could some kind soul point in the right direction here please?

Our new extension is almost finished and we're ready for insulating it. Don't ask me why the builders didn't put the usual type of insulation in, they just didn't. :rolleyes:
So the only way to insulate it now is to have it injected.

So, i need to know who to contact to get it done etc.
Are there any grants available to help out with this kind of insulation, bearing in mind its not pre-existing, its a new part of the house.
The extension is approx. 24sqm, but one 3m wall is ony 600mm high up to the windows. I haven't worked out the cubic requirements is yet (if it indeed matters at this stage).

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

:)

Sponsored Links
Oh they knew about it, they just agreed that injection insulation is fine after its all been sealed.

This method has been used on some sites, because it is thought to be more cost effective taking into account the bricklayers time to install it as it is being built.

Sponsored Links
yeah, quite possibly.
I've since managed to find a place on the interwebby that has taken my details and will let me know if we're eligible for a grant, and if not, how much to do the job.

Would still appreciate any further input though :)

I have seen it done on site before they put the roof on to minimise drill holes but have to say much better done with slabs during the blockwork as you will not have any gaps and excessive bridging of the cavity as in blown insulation.

However I have had my 1940,s end of terrace blown filled and the differencr in heat retention is considerable.

Pete

ps why are you looking for grant I would have thought this cost would have been included in the original build budget,

ps why are you looking for grant I would have thought this cost would have been included in the original build budget,

We discussed this with the builder, who happens to be one of my best friends and although it was included we'd not paid for it.
My firend has given me all his labour for free :p . All we have paid for is materials which as he is in the trade, is discounted as opposed to what we'd pay.
Overall we reckon he has saved us over £10k on the project, so we aint complaining. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back