Strip and re slate

J

justlead1

Hi. I have been asked by a relation to advise on striping and re slating a 1930's style house. (approx 280Sqm) however i am not familiar with current building reg. that may apply. But seem to remember and issue of insulation qualities, surrounding this subject. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I guess the 25% rule may apply.

If so advise the client that they may need to beef up the loft insulation to 250mm if they have not already done so.

Over-fascia ventilation or soffit vents plus eaves obstruction ventilators may be necessary.

Hi. Thanks Noseall. Ill price in a new ceiling, as is sounds like high risk putting 10" on 4" rafters. Good Luck

No need for strip vents or soffit vents,there old hat
Just use a breathable membrane like tyvek or monaperm.
That's one big hoose at 260sqm...

Sponsored Links
No need for strip vents or soffit vents,there old hat
Just use a breathable membrane like tyvek or monaperm.
That's one big hoose at 260sqm...

Breathable membrane is not the answer to all the problems thrown up by condensation. It is successful in certain new build situations whereby all other precautionary building regulations are adhered to.

As in foil backed boards etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back