Why is there fungus on my new ply roof (pics included)?

if you have dried it off by improving ventilation and reducing humidity it wil clean off easily. Even bleach will kill it.

If it is still damp then you still have a problem.

I prefer Cuprinol Green or Clear, the fence stuff may give off fumes used internally. Wickes may have an equivalent own-brand for structural timbers.

Oh no, I have bought this already? will it give off fumes/smells continuously in the long term or just whilst painting it?

Sponsored Links
it shouldnt give out fumes once dry tony! just leave the door open to air the place .

thanks again guys....

The mold stuff has been brushed off, cleaned with Fungicidal wash, and painted it with Shed and Fence preserver. Please see todays photos below of it cleaned up (but there are still stains under the paint where the fungus was Should this be enough cleaning and can I know fit the insulation, vapour barrier and plaster board?

PS I still havent bought the vapour barrier as normal DIY stores do not have it.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Treat the timber with a fungicide solution that you should be able to get from a good painters merchant. You simply brush it on. Then address the cause of the condensation. Excessive moisture coming into contact with a cold surface will result in condenstion and mould. Either remove the source of the moisture or insulate (or both)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back