wrong size

M

marsaday

i speak to the double glazing firm tomorrow. they tried to fit my windows on sat, but found i have an old wooden lintel hidden on the internal brick wall.

will they replace the windows (3) for news ones or will i have a fight on my hands. they measured and came to fit.

Sponsored Links
i havent spoken to the boss yet, but the employee indicated they only supplied the windows. the fitter measured and fitted, but is independant. i have said are you going to leave me high and dry and he said wait to speak to boss. it may be ok, but i am worried.

you will have to speak to the fitter (the guy who took the measurements)
its his responsibility!
the fabrication company who delivered them will take no responsibility for the wrong sizes they were given by your fitter.
either the lintel will have to be sorted out or new windows will need to be ordered!
i hope you havent paid the fitter for them yet.

Sponsored Links
the fitter is their fitter, but is independant. they sent him out to measure. i have paid the company for the windows, but not the fitting.

they said to use the fitter independantly after i ordered so that is what i have done. but they sent him out to measure so he was acting on their behalf. still no contact

so the fitter is their fitter who measured the windows to fit for you independently of the window supply company...............ok......now the fabrication company will blame the fitter..........even though its their fitter.. :rolleyes: ........for measuring the windows wrongly....... :confused: ..........leaving you to have a fit... :p ............sorry hope you can get this resolved.

they are replacing the window taken out of the kitchen. they are manufacture only and did me a favour measuring the windows. they seem pretty good. so i hope all will be ok with the other 2 windows.

i have a question about this actually. will the 2 smaller windows at 620mm wide have the same internal lintel that the kitchen window has? if not then these will go straight in and all will be sorted. These 2 windows are next door to the kitchen window. i can take a photo if required.

anyone know if the smaller window will have the same lintel on the internal skin?

update: the windows were put in this weekend. all new sizes supplied by the maker. They are decent windows and i am happy, although it has been a bit of a headache.

the company were decent enough and i could recommend them - quickslide.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back