Flashing red light on my boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Sime Format C and the red light on the rad settings is flashing?
I cant get any hot water!!??

Sponsored Links
And your pressure guage bottom left is showing what?

I have the heating on constant, but it kicks up for probs 30seconds then shuts down again, 2 minutes later the same thing happens, even tho the rads are freezing!

Sponsored Links
Ignition/sense fault. Usually ignition PCB on this marvel of a boiler. Get someone to have a look and rectify.

Is it a combi and is the DHW working normally or not?

That time scale makes me wonder if its a CH sensor failing when it gets warm.

With the boiler cold measure the resistance with the lead off.

Tony

I will stick my neck out here and say it was a Friendly Format 80 c Tony. A combi. CH sensor fault will make LED go orange.

Thans for that, iv had a bit of training in plubing so once you mentioned that i opened the control until up and the yellow and green wire in the ignition unit was shorting. Thanks very much!! :D

Thans for that, iv had a bit of training in plubing so once you mentioned that i opened the control until up and the yellow and green wire in the ignition unit was shorting. Thanks very much!! :D

Plubing? :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back