Potterton Suprima 50

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Suprima 50 and 3 years ago I replaced the pcb with part no 5111603. Last night I noticed that the system pump was running however the programmed time was off. I checked the boiler and found a constant red light. According to the info that came with the replacement pcb this is a "system wiring fault" the cause of which is "either pump live is not wired directly from the boiler to the pump" or, "live and neutral are reversed"

As the pump is running and no work has been done to intefere with any of the wiring does this mean that this "updated" pcb is faulty as well !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can anyone help please

Sponsored Links
Have you tried turning off at the wall for 30 seconds then seeing what happens?

first thing to check is the live and neutral are in fact the right way round. a few times i have had people swear blind there is no issue with reversed polarity only to find that it was at fault.

is the pump wired directly to the boiler?

Sponsored Links
thanks for the replies, I have turned off the power supply and switched it back on. As soon as the power is restored the solid red light appears and the pump starts running. I have tried the reset button but the light shows orange for only one second or so and then turns red. None of the wiring has been touched since the pcb was installed so I just cant see how that can be the cause. Any other ideas?

Unfortunately any make and model of boiler can get a faulty pcb again and again.

It's called bad luck, or sod's law :eek:

When it is a boiler with a bad reputation one tends to jump to conclusions very quickly.

It sounds as if it does need replacing, but we are not there to ascertain this for sure ;)

Nickso means measuring the polarity of the supply to the boiler.

Or getting someone to do it for you!

At about £250 each its an expensive part to change if its not failed!

I was once called to a boiler that had gone wrong! It transpired that the girls father had rewired her flat because the polarity was wrong.

The boiler installer had noticed that and connected it appropriately to work in that senario but without marking the outside of the boiler.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back