joining plastic gutter to cast iron

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have cast iron guttering, and a section has broken away, if I replace this section with Plastic how is it joined?? Is there a special type of coupling?

I want the whole lot repalced, but cannot afford at present, so and advice on a quick fix would be much appriciated.

Thanks

V

Sponsored Links
Cast iron - plastic gutter connectors are available, so a piece could be grafted in.

Cast iron - plastic gutter connectors are available, so a piece could be grafted in.
Edited:
Echo o o o o o o o. :eek:

Sponsored Links
Hi, with cast iron guttering one end of each section is larger than the other end. This is to allow for each section to connect to the next. they simply overlap with a bolt and sealant.

You can buy Upvc connectors but they will only fit the narrow part of the cast guttering - not the wide coupling at the end.

I have been fitting Upvc guttering for years and have on many occasions had to connect to neighbouring cast iron. I usually cut it on the boundary making sure it is well supported before doing so.

Here is a list of round Upvc connectors - most manufacturers make them:

http://www.floplast.co.uk/uploads/Half Round.pdf (pdf)

you can also get connectors for other gutter profiles other than round.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back