best position for room stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

ive recently started central heating install with a new partner..up until this point, as long as i had 1 meter clearance from the bypass rad, I always located the stat in the downstairs hall, for conveinient use by the client and i think it more likely to give a more comfortable temp reading (heat rises etc) HOWEVER :eek: my partner insists it is put on the landings upstairs....Which one is right? My view that if the stat is upstairs and it is set to 20c, then it will shut system off at that temp, but downstairs wont be at 20c cause heat rises..so you constantly fall short downstairs..where most of peoples time is spent..and you have to run upstairs to reset stat. I know if the stat is downstairs and set to 20c, then when target temp is achieved downstairs, it will be 20c downstairs, although upstairs will be slightly warmer. Again..which is right? thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
The hallway has always been the traditional position for a room stat.

Many today will fit it in the lounge.

Personally I wouldn't fit it on the landing, but it should still work.

fit an rf then you can take it anywhere you like and lose it under the bed like me :D

put it in a living room, where the comfortable temp is most important.

the hall will get cold every time the front door is opened

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back