Connecting downpipe into Cast Iron soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I originally posted this in the Building section but received no responses so presumeably, it was in the wrong section. I am after some suggestions on the easiest and most cost effective way of dealing with the following:-

The hopper shown in the picture below is taking from left to right; 32mm Bathroom wash hand basin waste, 68mm down pipe from roof and 40mm Bathroom bath waste

this then goes into a 68mm down pipe which does not discharge into a gully but discharges all water at the side of the 4" cast Iron soil pipe into the formed channel. This channel then runs down into a gully which takes the kitchen sink and washing machine wastes

I think with the amount of water which is being discharged, this is having a detrimental effect on the adjacent Kitchen floor which is solid, not timber. The floor is uneven and has a 'hump' in it and the floor tiles are loose and are cracking underfoot. I think the water is saturating the Kitchen subfloor and I therefore need to eliminate it discharging directly onto the floor outside.

Rather than Installing a gully and having to excavate to connect this into the underground drainage system, Is there a way of connecting the 68mm downpipe (below the hopper), into the cast Iron soil pipe. I assume I would need some sort of fitting or adapter to clamp onto the soil pipe and that a hole would need to be formed in it or would the cast iron soil pipe need to be replaced in plastic and then a 'Y' or branch type fitting be Incorporated into this to connect the 68mm downpipe into.

Look forward to your thoughts and suggestions.

Mr M

Sponsored Links
Hi. Is not that easy. The hopper and 65 mm pipe if connected to soil would omit odour / smell from the soil pipe / drains , which is dangerous to health.
We can purchase strap on bosses for cast iron, which require a hole to be drilled in the soil pipe and then clamped into position, the wastes pipes are then connected (presuming the appliances they serve are trapped?) Good Luck

Like justlead said, are the appliances trapped? It would look a little like spagetti junction but it can be done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back