small yellow patches after first cut!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
having just installed a new lawn i let the lawn 'root in' and grow to a decent length, my problem is that it was gorgeous green colour and now after its first cut there are a number of small yelow patches, is this due to over/underwatering or something else?will these become greener as lawn grows again?if not what can i do?really gutted aslawn looked so lovely and green before i cut it! :cry:

Sponsored Links
have just noticed i used the wrong setting on the mover shortest cut instead of longest :oops: will my lawn grow back ok then or have i damaged for good? :eek:

You've scalped the lawn, luckily it'll be growing strongly now, so it should be fine.

Sponsored Links
Grass is highly resilient - don't worry, it'll be fine in a couple of weaks.

For information, you've not scalped it - this is when you cut over a bump or over the edge and you are left seeing soil. Even if you had, it'll recover in due course.

thanks for your info, I think there is something very British about taking pride in a minicured lawn :LOL: was just worried!

Grass is highly resilient - don't worry, it'll be fine in a couple of weaks.

For information, you've not scalped it - this is when you cut over a bump or over the edge and you are left seeing soil. Even if you had, it'll recover in due course.

difference in use of scalping, by scalping in mean just cutting it very short, not actually showing soil, which I would call rotavating :?: but word usage apart we mean the same thing :D

difference in use of scalping, by scalping in mean just cutting it very short, not actually showing soil, which I would call rotavating :?: but word usage apart we mean the same thing :D

Personally I'd call turning the soil over (with a rotavator) rotavating. But let's not bicker ;) The op's lawn will be fine, and that's the main thing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back