British gas trainee advice - anyone in the know?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I am trying to find out the finer details of the 'electrical field engineer Traineeship' offered by British Gas.....but in speaking to the reqruitment team I keep getting contradicting information with regards to the qualifications achieved upon completing the traineeship. If a qualified electrician was to be employed by british gas to do the same role they would require CG 2330 plus a few other CG qualifications, but, it appears that when trained by british gas they do no award the trainee with the CG 2330 upon completion of the training!

Basically, what is the electricain qualification obtained through british gas as a filed engineer, is the qualification obtained equiivalent of the CG 2330 and is it transferable and useable in industry when no longer working for bristish gas?

Any advice or help will be much appreciated. If anyone prefers you are welcome to email me *****************

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Talk to Paul in plumbing and heating section; highly skilled and honest guy

Sponsored Links
You might sense I'm a but all over the place emotionally. It's sort of rock and a hard place but there is only so far you can squeeze people.

It doesn't help that I have some 3 major personal life issues any one of which would fully occupy the unemployed to deal with. But no give the job to a busy man, leave them lot to watch their daytime TV.

It really is odd, a lot of people that do work, work 50 or 60 hours a week to pay the bills.
Why it is that millions can find a job and a half, yet at the same time there are a lot that can't find a job at all?
Was talking to a guy who could not find anybody willing to take him on, despite his master's degree. Nice enough chap, and seemed genuine.
Anyone know about a company that is desperate for an eager historian?

This is because firms know they can get away with making each person do their own work plus half someone elses so they can save on labour.

Back