planting suggestions for unsightly wall

Don't forget sedums as well, they'll enkoy that kind of environment, and if you want some corydalis, just ask, I'm currently digging a load of self seeded stuff out. I'm afriad its the plain old yellow variey, I did have some blue, but seems like it perished.

Sponsored Links
sen - have a look at this (I wish the web had been around for advice when I first started gardening):
www.gardenadvice.co.uk/advisor/plants/wisteria/
My 2 beasts do have their feet in shade - created by lower-level planting - and are on a sunny wall. I don't bother feeding them (and can't remember doing so even when the were young) but I've always allowed the leaf-drop from the lower stuff to lie there and every couple of years I dress all the beds with garden compost. I would have mixed organic matter when planting 'cos I have always done that with planting. So maybe I got mine to do the biz by accident. Their upkeep isn't really a battle ... maybe ½ hour for each up a ladder 2 or 3 times a year. Why does wisteria always seem to do well planted at the base of a wall (apart from the support issue) ... maybe something to do with the concrete foundations (lime leach into the soil perhaps) - I've never bothered to do the research.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back