Replacing felt shed roof with n Wall Polycarbonate Sheet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a large shed with lots of marine fish tanks in containing corals. Currently, the shed has a felt/chipboard roof & the tanks are lit by powerful lights. I was thinking about replacing the existing roof with say triple walled polycarbonate to allow the corals natural sunlight, but concerned about heat loose thru the roof. How good of an insulation is this sheeting?

Sponsored Links
If you go ultra thick, like in excess of 25mm then it will almost be as good as the existing roof except on very cold icy mornings.

TPD in brum sell all sorts and they courier out, I've used them before. 0121 311 2666.

The natural light as well as your light units will give them a mega boost but you may get a bit of algae too. (I used to have tanks in the shed too and changed to poly but then I sold it all when we moved)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back